The latest fashion trends for fashion’s favorite season are here! Included are ideas on where you can buy them at an affordable price. Pick at least four out of the list and consider yourself winter ready!
3. Chunky Heel Pump – You can dress up a simple outfit with chunky heels. Find them at www.overstock.com
4. Big Scarf- This is probably the most versatile item on this list. A scarf is a fall/winter essential keeping you stylish and warm. Shop at www.target.com
5. Faux Fur collars- frames and draws attention to your face and it’s an easy way to dress up jeans. Keep warm with a cozy turtleneck underneath. Find your fur at H&M and Macy’s.
6. Denim Button Down- The quickest fashionable item. That you can really throw on with anything. Find it on www.ae.com
7. Long Pendant Necklaces- Even if you’re in a crew-neck, get the V-neck look with a long pendant statement necklace can be a nice talking point on your outfit. Find it on www.express.com.
8. Riding Boots- Equestrian fashion is in this winter and to keep up with trend a good staple to have are riding boots. You can do a modern look, layered or edgy. They are a good start to building your cold weather wardrobe. Find them at www.dsw.com.
10. Wedge Booties/Sneakers-They are also a lot easier to walk around in the cold with. They can be dressed up with a skirt or dress, and jeans.
11. Grandpa Sweater- A very cute way to show off your holiday spirit and keep you warm at the same time. It’s a cute quick outfit to wear if you are just lounging around for the holidays or going grocery shopping. www.urbanoutfitters.com.
12. Peplum-Peplums have been very popular this summer and they will be as trendy during the Winter 2013 fashion season. It is an easy way to dress up an outfit for a night on the town or date night. They can look great with a pencil skirt, leather pants or colored corduroys: www.anthropologie.com.
13. Burgundy red is the new black: Other colors to watch for are blue combined with black, purple, white contrasted with black and olive-green. Try wearing it with grey, white, or yellow.
Even if Santa didn’t totally come through for you this year, you can start the winter semester with some great warm and trendy new looks.
— Ariana Kendall